This is "Kampong Senaling" taken in 2006. Has not changed since the 50s - gateway to Sri Menanti
'Kampong Senaling is approximately 5 kilometres from Kuala Pilah - on the Tampin trunk road'
" MAY PEACE BE UPON YOU "

23 July 2009

Thought 24JUL2009

JUST PLAYING
When I'm building in the block room, Please don't say I'm "just playing." For, you see, I'm learning as I play. About balance and shapes. When I'm getting all dressed up, Setting the table, caring for the babies. Don't get the idea I'm "just playing." For, you see, I'm learning as I play. I may be a mother or a father someday. When you see me up to my elbows in paint, Or standing at an easel, or molding and shaping clay, Please don't let me hear you say "he's just playing." For you see, I'm learning as I play. I'm expressing myself and being creative. I may be an artist or an inventor someday.

When you see me sitting in a chair "Reading" to an imaginary audience, Please don't laugh and think I'm "just playing." For, you see, I'm learning as I play. I may be a teacher someday. When you see me combing the bushes for bugs, Or packing my pockets with choice things I find, Don't pass it off as "just playing." For, you see, I'm learning as I play. I may be a scientist someday. When you see me engrossed in a puzzle, Or some "plaything" at my school, Please don't feel the time is wasted in "play" For, you see, I'm learning as I play. I'm learning to solve problems and concentrate. I may be in business someday.

When you see me cooking or tasting foods, Please don't think that because I enjoy it, it is just "play." I'm learning to follow directions and see differences. I may be a chef someday. When you see me learning to skip, hop, run and move my body, Please don't say I'm "just playing." For, you see, I'm learning as I play. I'm learning how my body works. I may be a doctor, nurse or athlete someday. When you ask me what I've done at school today, And I say, "I played." Please don't misunderstand me. For, you see, I'm learning as I play. I'm learning to enjoy and be successful in work. I'm preparing for tomorrow. Today, I'm a child and my work is play.
By Anita Wadley - from Chicken Soup for the Unsinkable Soul, Copyright 1999 by Jack Canfield and Mark Victor Hansen
Tanto tienes, tanto vales; nada tienes, nada vales / You are what you own - Spanish Proverb

No comments:

Percussion Band (1964) - Kuala Pilah Padang

Percussion Band (1964) - Kuala Pilah Padang

Percussion Band (1965) - Kuala Pilah Padang

Percussion Band (1965) - Kuala Pilah Padang

Standard 4 (1966) - Tunku Munawir School, Kuala Pilah

Standard 4 (1966) - Tunku Munawir School, Kuala Pilah

Standard 5 (1967) - Tunku Munawir School, Kuala Pilah

Standard 5 (1967) - Tunku Munawir School, Kuala Pilah

Form 3 (1971) - Ampang Road Boys School, Kuala Lumpur

Form 3 (1971) - Ampang Road Boys School, Kuala Lumpur

THE WISE WAY - Parodoxical Commandments

  • People are often unreasonable, illogical and self-centred; Forgive them anyway
  • If you are kind, people may accuse you of selfish, ulterior motives; Be kind anyway.
  • If you are successful, you will win some false friends and true enemies; Succeed anyway.
  • If you are honest and frank, people may cheat you; Be honest and frank anyway.
  • What you spend years building, someone may destroy overnight; Build anyway.
  • If you find serenity and happiness, others may be jealous; Be happy anyway.
  • The good you do today, people may often forget tomorrow; Do good anyway.
  • Give the world the best you have, and it may never be enough; Give the world the best you got anyway.
  • You see, in the final analysis, it is all between you and GOD; It was never between you and them anyway.
  • .......................................................................................................
  • Written by Kent M Keith when he was 19, first published by the Harvard Student Agencies in 1968.