This is "Kampong Senaling" taken in 2006. Has not changed since the 50s - gateway to Sri Menanti
'Kampong Senaling is approximately 5 kilometres from Kuala Pilah - on the Tampin trunk road'
" MAY PEACE BE UPON YOU "

26 May 2008

Thought 27MAY2008

A LESSON IN HEART
A lesson in "heart" is my little 10-year-old daughter, Sarah, who was born with a muscle missing in her foot and wears a brace all the time. She came home one beautiful spring day to tell me she had competed in "field day" - that's where they have lots of races and other competitive events. Because of her leg support, my mind raced as I tried to think of words of encouragement for my Sarah, things I could say to her about not letting this get her down - things I have heard many famous coaches tell the players when they were faced with defeat - but before I could get a word out, she looked up and said, "Daddy, I won two of the races!"
I couldn't believe it! And then Sarah said, "I had an advantage." Ahh. I knew it. I thought she must have been given a head start ... some kind of physical advantage. But again, before I could say anything, she said, "Daddy, I didn't get a head start ... my advantage was I had to try harder!"
That's heart! That's my Sarah.
Stan Frager - Extracted from 'A 3rd Serving of Chicken Soup for the Soul', Jack Canfield and Mark Victor Hansen, Health Communications Inc., 1996
When a king has good counselors, his reign is peaceful - Ashanti of Ghana

No comments:

Percussion Band (1964) - Kuala Pilah Padang

Percussion Band (1964) - Kuala Pilah Padang

Percussion Band (1965) - Kuala Pilah Padang

Percussion Band (1965) - Kuala Pilah Padang

Standard 4 (1966) - Tunku Munawir School, Kuala Pilah

Standard 4 (1966) - Tunku Munawir School, Kuala Pilah

Standard 5 (1967) - Tunku Munawir School, Kuala Pilah

Standard 5 (1967) - Tunku Munawir School, Kuala Pilah

Form 3 (1971) - Ampang Road Boys School, Kuala Lumpur

Form 3 (1971) - Ampang Road Boys School, Kuala Lumpur

THE WISE WAY - Parodoxical Commandments

  • People are often unreasonable, illogical and self-centred; Forgive them anyway
  • If you are kind, people may accuse you of selfish, ulterior motives; Be kind anyway.
  • If you are successful, you will win some false friends and true enemies; Succeed anyway.
  • If you are honest and frank, people may cheat you; Be honest and frank anyway.
  • What you spend years building, someone may destroy overnight; Build anyway.
  • If you find serenity and happiness, others may be jealous; Be happy anyway.
  • The good you do today, people may often forget tomorrow; Do good anyway.
  • Give the world the best you have, and it may never be enough; Give the world the best you got anyway.
  • You see, in the final analysis, it is all between you and GOD; It was never between you and them anyway.
  • .......................................................................................................
  • Written by Kent M Keith when he was 19, first published by the Harvard Student Agencies in 1968.